In the spirit of jumping in with both feet and not waiting until things are “perfect” cause lets be honest, that is clearly not my style and in the true spirit of taking life by the big ones and giving it a passionate go, MMQ&A and the Live and Learn series, will be coming to you LIVE, from your computer screen!
My aim with this is to be able to share and bare in a really authentic, right here right now, type of style, which was always my intention with Maybe McQueen and as a facilitator. So far we have found a few issues and challenges with the format, which no doubt you may find challenging too, but if you are willing to hang in there and do your bit in helping find the best structure for the format, well lets just say, you won’t be waiting for weeks at a time for the latest post. So I am super excited, almost pee my pants kind of excited, to launch our live, interactive Maybe McQueen sessions, starting the first week in September via a brand new social networking site called Spreecast! In fact, this site is so new that they’re still in beta testing, but hey…no time like the present and whilst there are definitely some technical issues with this format, it is, I think, a great way for me to be able to share just a little more consistently.
Here’s what to do if you’re interested in attending our free trial launch period:
1) Go to www.spreecast.com and create a free profile for yourself. You can sign in through email, Facebook or Twitter so it’s really easy to get going.
But remember, you have to sign in before you can participate live with the community. You’ll still be able to view the MMQ&A Spreecast if you surf in, but you won’t be able to comment. Also for those of you that may be concerned, your comments during a live broad cast will only be featured as type on the screen, there will be at no point a time that you are actually on screen yourself, unless otherwise agreed and or due to a technical fault down to Spreecast themselves. So no need to glam up for the sessions unless you feel like it!
2) Find and follow Maybe McQueen by using the search tool on the site.
3) IMPORTANT: READ THE SPREECAST SITE GUIDELINES and familiarize yourself with the platform and the tools you need to see, hear and participate in our MMQ&A sessions.
4) IMPORTANT: READ THE MAYBE MCQUEEN MMQ&A SITE GUIDELINES and make sure you understand the rules! Participants who do no follow the guidelines set out by both Spreecast & Maybe McQueen will be blocked from participating in the live sessions and banned from participating in further live events. Period.
5) Once and only onceyou’re following Maybe McQueen on Spreecast, you’ll receive notifications when we schedule our Spreecast and reminders about its air date. Then you’ll just need to show up for the session with your worksheets, pen & paper and boundless enthusiasm!
Don’t forget to hop over to www.maybemcqueen.com and post a question on the MMQ&A link . We’ll be reading all submissions and choosing the juiciest ones to answer on air!
One last thing, everyone: we’re going for the live ‘whole world’ experience here so there may (will) be glitches in sound, video and production that we don’t have control over. And we are NOT the technical specialists for Spreecast; we’re just using their platform so if you have technical questions related to Spreecasts, you’ll have to email them to Spreecast staff. If you still have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll see you soon and please!